Do you think you text politely? Do others? What is your texting pet peeve?
Some say they don’t like to get a phone call before being texted to see if the time is right for a call. For others, it’s the short, one-word, or one-letter response that irritates them. What bugs you?
- Don’t randomly FaceTime people. If you want to Facetime, shoot them a text or call first.
- One word texts like OK and LOL are conversation killers. Don’t respond with one word, unless you don’t want to talk anymore.
- If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond.
- If someone communicates to you using a certain form of communication, e.g. e-mail, then you are expected to respond using the same form of communication.
- Don’t like your own posts. People see that, and it makes you look weird.
- Don’t ask for likes, comments or shares.
- Don’t take hours to respond without an excuse.
- You don’t actually have to leave a voice message.
- If someone asks you multiple questions via text, don’t just reply to part of the message.
- Don’t post dozens of photos of cheezy quotes back to back.
- It’s OK to text Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. You don’t have to call.
- Don’t have one-on-one’s in the group-chat, better yet, rarely send group chats. They’re mostly annoying and usually avoidable.
- Try not to deliver bad news via text. Don’t deliver bad news via DMs.
- If you don’t get a response, you don’t have to get angry. It’s not always that big of a deal.
- If you have time to post on Snapchat, you have time to respond to text messages.
From USAToday.com, by Dalvin Brown.