There is a vast array of potential IT partners out there. But how do you know if you really want to work with an MSP? We have compiled a short list of 5 things to help you see the benefits of an MSP.
1. There isn’t a dedicated IT staff or department. Maybe not even ‘a guy.’ Or, whomever has been charged with handling IT, is overwhelmed. This lowers productivity not only for him/her, but for your entire office as solutions come slowly.
2. The IT budget is unpredictable. Most MSP provide monthly, flat-fee based services.
3. Little to no system monitoring. This can leave you open and vulnerable.
4. An absence of planning. An MSP can help you see what you need to do now to prepare for future changes in technology or growth in your company.
5. Most MSPs have Remote Access capabilities. This enables a trained technician to start on the problem right away: often within minutes, not days.
If any of these sound familiar or you would like to avoid them, give us a call at 865-588-9823 today.