With the Holiday Shopping Season in full swing, chances are you beginning to shop online. Here are some tips to keep your computer and your credit card, safe.
- Shop from well-known, reputable sites.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi.
- Use strong passwords.
- Be careful of email scams. Don’t click on anything you are uncertain of as it could be phishing.
- Make sure the website is encrypted. (Https://)
- Use a credit card instead of a debit card. Credit cards are often offer protection in case of theft and other benefits.
- Have a good anti-malware program installed and updated.
- Beware of prices that are too good to be true. This could be a sign that the company isn’t reputable, and your information could be at risk.
Be careful and have fun! T’is the Season!
@paxistech #t’istheseason #besafeonine #holidayshopping #onlineshopping